Friday 14 June 2013

3 Step Nail Art

So first 'proper' blog post, obviously had to be nail art. (An obvious choice for me, anyhow)

Some people can't leave the house without a full face of makeup, but for me, I can't leave without a full set of nail art. I've also managed to build a bit of a reputation with my friends for having crazy nails, anything from Angry Birds to floral patterns, so it's kind of expected now....

It's also nice to get back into nail art, since I've just finished uni exams and haven't really had time. Thought I'd start with something simple, and just as easy to do with your non-dominant hand.



1. Start with a base coat, then apply two coats of a colour (I've gone for a lovely pastel blue)



2. Add splotches of a brighter colour, using the normal nail varnish brush



3. Carefully 'half-outline' the splotches and add dots/curves with a black striper or nail art pen

And of course, don't forget to protect it all with a top coat! I used a matte one but any will do.



Products I used from left to right: PDR Nail Hardener, Barry M Blue Moon, L'Oreal Colour Riche Opulent Pink, Models Own Nail Art Pen Black, Essie Matte About You

xxx

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! I love it you are so talented xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure I'll have loads more posts like this, I LOVE doing my nails xx

      Delete