Wednesday 3 July 2013

Purple Ombré Hair

Hey! So today's post is one I've wanted to do since I started blogging, mostly because it's something I searched for several weeks back but couldn't find quite what I was looking for. 

It's about dying your hair a bright colour, but what the results would be without bleaching it first. My hair is naturally dark brown and I had red ombré for a while, which faded to copper. The red ombré was done with a red colour which already had lightening ingredients (not sure if that's the correct term!) so there was no need for bleaching and it came out really bright! If anyone's interested I'll try and find out what the exact dye was.

Anyway, after I'd kept the copper for a while I decided I fancied a change and thought purple would be a good idea. I chose Schwartzkopf Live XXL Ultra Brights in Purple Punk and although I knew it wouldn't be as bright on my copper ends as it would on bleached hair, I wasn't sure exactly how it would come out.

I tried to find reviews of people applying it to non-bleached hair, but no such luck so hence I'm writing this post!

please excuse the overexposure on my face!

I was pleasantly surprised by the results, the colour had more red undertones in it than pictured on the box, but it was definitely purple! As it was a semi-permanent colour it did fade quite quickly, first to burgundy and then after about two weeks it had returned to copper (although I still have one pink-y streak which seems to have held onto the colour). 

I used the whole tube to cover the bottom half of my hair, so if you have long and/or thick hair like me you'd need to buy two boxes to cover all the hair. The one awkward thing I found with the dye, is that it was very thick to apply, but this is just a minor thing really.

Overall I was pretty impressed with it, and would definitely buy Schwartzkopf products again, although I'm keeping my ombré copper again for a while as I'm currently on an internship, and I'm not sure they'd appreciate brightly coloured hair!

xxx

2 comments:

  1. your hair looks so good! i love it :)

    life-of-libby.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple hair really suits you! Thank you for the review, tempted to try them now - must remember to pick up two boxes! x

    ReplyDelete