Tuesday 23 July 2013

Review: Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Foundation

Hey! As promised, today I'm going to review Clinique's Stay-Matte Oil-Free foundation. 


What seems like ages ago now, I had a sample of this to try (I always like to sample foundations first, after a bad experience with one breaking me out and being unable to return it) and when I'd finished the sample I bought this.

I was trialling this at the same time as Smashbox's Studio Skin, and I chose Clinique for a few reasons:
1. Slightly cheaper
2. Pink undertones instead of yellow
3. Preferred the packaging
4. Clinique had a GWP offer, I'm a sucker for those things!

Neither of the two have SPF, although for some reason I thought Clinique's did until I just checked, oops. The Smashbox foundation looks incredible in photos I have from a previous night out, but I felt this one would be better for everyday wear.

blended out on the right

Clinique's Stay-Matte Oil-Free foundation does indeed stay matte, and while I had previously thought it's lasting power was pretty good, in this recent heatwave it seems to be disappearing quite quickly. It is oil-free, which is great for my combination skin and I have to say, Clinique's foundations are generally pretty good at not breaking me out (I've previously had the Anti-Blemish foundation too).

I also really like the packaging of this, although bottled foundations certainly look sleeker and more high-end, when you get to the end of your foundation there's not a lot you can do with a bottle, whereas I like to cut open the tube to get the last of the product out - you'd be surprised how much actually ends up being left!

Overall, I would give this a 7/10. I had hoped this would be a great summer foundation, but alas I think it'll be better suited for Autumn. My quest for the Holy Grail Foundation continues!

Any recommendations?

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Looks good, I'm always on quest for a holy grail foundation - it's never ending!

    ReplyDelete