Saturday 7 September 2013

Beauty Haul & Urban Decay Makeover!

Hey! I had planned for this weekend's post to be a wishlist, but then I went shopping and sort of bought half the things on it... so instead I thought I'd write a haul post. I also had the opportunity for a complimentary makeover at the Urban Decay counter, and you can't really say no to that!


I really like what the makeup artist did, and both the lip crayon and foundation she used are on my new wishlist! Products used (all Urban Decay): Naked Skin Foundation, Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in 'Spandex', 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in 'LSD' (I think), Super Saturated Lip Colour in 'Punch Drunk' and the Naked Flushed palette.

The items I actually bought from the Urban Decay counter were the new b6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray and a lip colour in 'Apocalypse'. I've wanted to try the prep spray since I saw it on their Instagram, but at that time it was only available in America! And the lip colour is a perfect vampy berry red which I've fancied for this Autumn as an alternative to MAC's Rebel; since I know the formula of these lip colours are ace!

I also popped into boots and took advantage of their 'Buy one get 2nd half price' offer, and got a new foundation brush, top and base coats from Essie, and Rimmel's Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 107. Three of these were sort of a necessity - my current foundation brush isn't doing such a good job any more, and I'm running out of base/top coat - plus the lippy because I really do want to brave a darker lip this season!

I've also got a few other things to try out: including a new face mask, concealer, volume boosting spray (which smells soo good - exactly like strawberries and cream!), and a bronze glitter nail varnish. Not pictured is MAC's Eyeshadow in 'Cranberry' - but I also bought this recently; my first MAC purchase!

Finally, you can also see a couple of magazine freebies here: the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer from Instyle, and Bumble and Bumble's Thickening Hairspray from Elle.

And those are intended to be the last beauty things I buy for a while, as I'm about to embark on another spending ban - this time a joint one! I'm not sure I need to, but they are a fun challenge and it's nice to think you're doing it with other people! If you'd like to join in too; the details are here.

What have you bought recently?

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Loved to see swatch of Mac cranberry! I've never purchased from Mac myself. Been gifted it a few times and adore it. I have a dream palette in my head, of course, lol.
    Kallie @ But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Real Techniques!!

    New follower
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete