Saturday 16 November 2013

Bloody Mary Makeup

Hey! Just a quick post today, as I wanted to share the makeup I did for a fancy dress bar crawl I went on last night. The theme was drinks and cocktails, so I went as Bloody Mary (a cocktail I actually love anyway).


I kept the outfit simple: a red skater dress (only a fiver from Primark!), black waist belt, suspender tights and black ankle boots. But for the makeup, I made a little more effort and went for a 'I've cried so much my eyes bled' look (I wouldn't recommend it for everyday!).


To create the look, I first primed all around my eyes with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, then liberally applied MAC Cranberry all the way up to my brows, and quite far below the eyes. I then used Urban Decay Blackout blended across my brows and down into the Cranberry, and also down the sides of my nose for a hollowed look.

With a black eyeliner, I added details above my brows for a sad expression, and lined my waterline and lashline (all the way to the inner corners of my eyes). I applied mascara to my top and bottom lashes, and then dripped fake blood down my face.

While waiting for that to dry, I applied concealer to my lips (I don't own a nude lipstick - blogger fail) as I didn't want to detract attention from the eye makeup, and I back-combed my hair for a messed up effect.

What do you think? Would you wear this for maybe Halloween next year?

xxx

1 comment: