Saturday 23 November 2013

Everyday Haircare

Hey! Today I want to talk about hair. It's something I have quite a lot of, being both long and thick, and it takes a far bit of looking after to keep in good condition.

After having ombré hair for about 10 months, the ends of my hair were very dead, dry and damaged so I decided to return to my natural colour (albeit with a few cheeky highlights) and have a few inches chopped off, to improve the health and appearance of my hair.

Since then, I have made sure to regularly use conditioning and strengthening products on my hair to maintain it in its refreshed, healthy condition. The following are the products I like to use pretty much all the time!


After I've washed my hair (usually every 2-3 days), I like to apply a couple of serums to the ends of my hair - preventing them from splitting and/or looking thin. The combination I have been using regularly for a good few months now, which I've found works for me is the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and Argan Gold Hair Vitality Oil (full review here). These are really good at nourishing the ends of my hair, without weighing them down too much as you only need a really small amount of product each time.

The next product I like to use when my hair is still damp, is the TIGI S-Factor Body Booster Plumping Spray. This adds a bit of volume to my roots even when I don't blow-dry my hair (although it works better when I do), and also smells incredible; like strawberries and cream - I'd like to try other products in this range just for that reason alone!

The Paul Mitchell Super Strong Liquid Treatment has helped keep my hair in a healthy, non-damaged condition and helps my hair dry a little faster too, as I apply it all through my hair. Unlike other strengthening sprays I've used, this one doesn't leave a sticky residue either. I also find it helps to prevent breakage when I'm brushing my hair.

Something else which does this, is quite frankly my new miracle hair brush. The Elite Models Professional Detangling Hair Brush (at least I think that's what its called, I can't find it online!) has very thin, flexible bristles which glide through the hair without pulling. I picked it up in TK Maxx the other week for an absolute steal at £3! Hair-brushing is now a pain-free experience for me - this brush has even brushed out my back-combed hair without too much hassle! I've previously had the Tangle Teezer, but after using it I always felt like my hair still needed a proper brush through (if that makes sense?) with something like a regular paddle brush. The Elite Detangling Brush leaves me feeling like my hair has been properly brushed.

The final product I like to use as a fortnightly treat for my hair, is the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. This is a pre-shampoo treatment which at first I found a bit strange, but actually makes it an easier part of the routine. Every time I use this, my hair is left feeling super soft, silky and has a lovely shine to it. I got this 40ml size free with a magazine a couple of months ago and only now has it almost run out so it gets a thumbs-up for lasting!

Quite a few of these products are fairly high-end (almost all of them in fact), so I'd love to know if you have any high street recommendations!

How do you keep your hair in good condition?

xxx

1 comment:

  1. nice products :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete