Wednesday 22 January 2014

Guest Post: Top Natural Product Picks

Hey! As you read this, I'm being a busy bee studying under a mountain of books and lecture notes for my exams. Thankfully they finish at the end of this week, but in the meantime here's a guest post from the lovely Amber!


Hi! I’m Amber and I write a blog over at Amber’s Beauty Talk all about natural & organic beauty. I recently made the switch to natural products after discovering how many chemicals and nasty ingredients were in mainstream products and I knew that I would prefer to treat my skin better. Since then I have seen huge changes in my skin and I’d love to share some of my favourite products with you all if you were thinking of going greener with your skincare or simply want to add some new skincare products into your routine!

Neal’s Yard Remedies Frankincense Cleaner – This is similar to the beloved Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish that has been raved about however that product never really worked for me or my skin. It’s a gorgeous scented cream cleanser that you rub over a damp face then use a muslin cloth or a hot flannel to remove the product. Since using this cleanser, I have noticed less redness on my cheeks, softer and smoother skin as well as clearer, less blemish prone skin. It’s a wonderfully natural product with no harsh ingredients so it would be perfect for sensitive skins.

Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil – I would say this is my favourite product of 2013. It is a facial oil that only contains one ingredient. Yes you read that right, one! It’s squalane oil that is derived from olives. It is a clear, odourless oil that sinks into your skin so quickly yet your skin looks dewy, radiant and feels so smooth afterwards. The best thing about this oil for me is that I can apply my foundation literally a minute after using this oil so there is no waiting around for it to sink in! The change in appearance of my skin has been brilliant and I would highly recommend this oil – I even caught my boyfriend using it!

Nourish Cooling Toning Mist – This is a lovely product to use if you need a bit of a ‘freshen up’! It’s a great toner too but my main use for this is if I’ve just had enough or am feeling fed up – the refreshing citrus scent just lifts you up and leaves your skin feeling fresh and smooth. The whole Nourish range is very purse friendly too – it is all natural yet the majority of the products are under £10. I actually got this mist free when I bought their cleanser on Big Green Smile (link www.biggreensmile.com) which is a great website to check out for some great green bargains.

Peppy Galore Vanilla Ice Cream Mousse – This is a whipped body mousse that smells divine! It has a wonderful vanilla scent to it and it honestly smells good enough to eat. It contains only five ingredients; mango butter, avocado oil, Vitamin E, Madagascan Vanilla pods and Sunflower Oil.  How amazing is that? No chemicals, preservatives, parabens, nothing! And it works a treat! I’m actually going to be making my own DIY Body Butters in the next couple of weeks so if you want to see how to make your own make sure to follow me!

Kris D’Amour Soothing Body Oil – This body oil smells just heavenly. It contains loads of oils to help regenerate and moisturise your body and it also works great as a massage oil! You skin feels super smooth and it smells lovely. This is ideal if you suffer from skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis. I’ve almost ran out of this product already and I never run out of products haha!

I hope you all enjoyed reading this post and would love if you popped over to my blog to have a read! Thank you so much to Charley for letting me guest post on her blog!

Twitter: amber_felce
Instagram: amberfelce

1 comment: