Saturday 1 February 2014

January Empties

Hey! Since I quite enjoyed writing about all the things I used up at the end of last year, I thought I'd attempt to do more empties posts! There's a few things missing I used up nearer the start of the month, but no-one's perfect right?


As you can see, there's a fair few hair products! So, let's start with those.

First up is the TIGI Bed Head Sugar Dust: such a weird product to apply, it is literally like putting icing sugar into your hair. I massaged this into the roots of my hair to add a bit of volume boost, and then proceeded to wash my sticky hands. Despite the sample size, I wouldn't suggest travelling with it - IT GOES EVERYWHERE. Repurchase? Nah, a bit messy for me!

I opened up the Hask Argan Oil Deep Conditioning Hair Treatment*, as an emergency conditioner because I bought a conditioner that was literally the opposite of conditioning for my hair, and smelt awful. This on the other hand, smells great and is super duper conditioning. Using this with the accompanying hair oil from the range, has left my hair feeling so sleek I can't help but keep running my hands through it! Repurchase? I would if I could find it in the UK!

Then we have the Neal & Wolf Ritual Daily Cleansing Shampoo* and Conditioner*, which I also got in a goodie bag back at the East Mids Meet Up in November. These did the job they said they would, but I won't be trading in my cheaper shampoo/conditioner combo for these. Repurchase? Nope.

I've talked about Paul Mitchell's Super Strong Liquid Treatment before here, so I won't waffle on and on, but I have very much enjoyed using this. Repurchase? Maybe, I'm seeing if a heat protection spray alone is sufficient at the moment.

The Philip Kingsley Hair Elasticizer was a miracle for my hair. Talked about here, I would recommend this to anyone with dry or damaged hair. Repurchase? If my hair is ever feeling really bad again, yes.

Okay onto the non-hair products!

First, Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Foaming Cleanser. Once upon a time (when I was about 15/16) this worked wonders for my skin. While I was going through a bad breakout phase towards the end of last year, I returned to this for help. My skin has obviously changed somehow, and this just didn't do anything to help. I used this for about six weeks until it ran out, with basically no difference. I have since changed my skincare, which I will post about at a later date, which is working much better. Repuchase? No.

Similarly, the Origins Super Spot Remover (which I've heard many a blogger rave about) did nothing to help my breakouts. One thing I will say, is that this lasted a fair while. Repurchase? No.

Something which did work however, was the REN Clearcalm3 Clarity Restoring Mask. I've got a separate post on this (and some other REN goodies) coming up soon, so I'd rather not go into too much detail and repeat myself. What I will say: repurchase? Yes.

And finally, is the Body Shop Body Butter in Shea Butter. This was part of a gift set I got for Christmas, and I love all the Body Shop Body Butters (who doesn't) but this one especially was particularly moisturising! Repurchase? Yep!

What have you used up this month?

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog whilst reading andbeautyorsomething latest blog post,
    I really enjoyed reading this post, I love hearing different perspectives on products that are raved about, I have been thinking of purchasing the origins spot remover as have heard good things about it however I may now give it second thoughts and you may of saved me some extra pennies!

    I have just joined your site, feel free to check out mine www.whathopeshearting.com
    hope your having a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I guess not every product can work for everyone! just going to go and have a read now ;) x

      Delete