Sunday 16 February 2014

Liebster Award Take Two

Hey! Back at the start of January, the lovely Amee tagged me in her Liebster Award, and then at the start of this month Sarah tagged me in hers! I've done one of these before, but since the questions are different I thought I'd do it again.

The basic idea is to help share blogs that have less than 300 followers to get them recognised a bit more!

The Rules: Answer the questions you have been set, then come up with 10 more questions and tag 10 more bloggers to answer them! - I've seen varied versions of the rules, but this is what I'm going with.
Amee's Questions:

What is your favourite make and shade of Lipstick?
I absolutely love the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks, as featured in my 2013 faves!

If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
If I could teleport to a Caribbean beach, that would be fantastic.

What is the worst beauty product you have ever tried out?
Benefit foundations - unfortunately they break me out, they must have some ingredient in them that does not agree with my skin!

Who are your favourite bloggers?
Kate from gh0stparties.com, Joy from joythebaker.com

What one item of clothing could you never live without?
Leggings! I basically live in leggings, they're just so easy and comfy to wear.

What is your favourite candle scent?
I love vanilla-y scented candles, and especially the sort that smell of cakes or frosting.

Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter, because I'm rubbish at remembering to take pictures and put them on Instagram, my feed usually just ends up being 80% my nails...

What is your all time favourite song?
I don't have an ALL TIME favourite, but my current favourites are 

If you were a superhero what powers would you want?
Ah this is always such a tricky question! Flying would be awesome, but teleportation is faster!

What is your favourite accent?
Australian! They always so so cheery, and I love watching the Australian Masterchef more than the UK version because of the accents.

What shop are the majority of your clothes from?
I like to shop in a variety of clothes shops, but most of my clothes are probably from New Look. They're great for being on trend and affordable, plus their skinny jeans will forever be my holy grail jeans - they make them in longer leg lengths too, which I need!


Sarah's Questions:

What has been your biggest makeup faux pas?
Back when I first started wearing makeup, I would match my eyeshadow to the same colour as what I was wearing that day - cringe!

What's the best makeup tip you've ever been given?
Kate from gh0stparties.com  recently mentioned in a video that it can be better to apply different correcting primers to prep the skin, so you need less foundation. Seems to be working so far!

Do you spend more money on makeup or skincare?
Makeup, because I have a lot more of it!

And do you spend more time on makeup or skincare?
Day to day, probably skincare - but smoky eyes for nights out can't be rushed!

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
About 20-30 minutes in total. I prefer to have showers in the evening, so I don't need to include that. My record though, is literally 5 minutes when my alarm failed to go off once. Oops.

Where's your favourite place to shop for makeup?
Boots, because there's loads of brands together - and a mix of high end with drugstore (in my local Boots anyway). I definitely wish we had a Sephora in the UK!

Name your favourite high end and favourite drugstore makeup brands, and why?
High end: Urban Decay, for all their eye products. Drugstore: Rimmel, for their lipsticks and great value!

Three items of makeup that you couldn't be without?
Mascara, foundation and lipstick!

Which brands have you always wanted to try but haven't as yet?
Bourjois, Smashbox and Lord & Berry.

Name the top 3 items on your beauty wishlist?
MAC Club eyeshadow, Nails Inc Baker Street, and a small angled brush.

Why did you decide to start blogging?
After reading and loving so many other blogs, I felt I wanted to be a part of it! And getting really into beauty, for months before I actually began blogging I kept thinking to myself "I could blog about that".


My Questions:

One place in the world you'd really like to visit?
If you had to go without either eye makeup or lip products, which would you choose?
Reason behind your blog name?
What SS14 trends are you looking forward to?
What are your hobbies? (other than blogging of course)
Always overdressed, or always underdressed?
A quote or saying you try and live by?
Your top three skincare products?
Which is worse: too much blusher, or wonky eyeliner?
Favourite bands/artists at the moment?


And I Tag:

Becka - beckasbeautyblog.com
Charlie - charlieandthebeautyfactory.blogspot.co.uk
Leigh - imleighbeauty.com
Frankie - crazyblondegal.com
Ciara - ceeceebeauty.blogspot.co.uk
Dayna - adaynasaur.blogspot.co.uk
Kelsey - kelseydawnblogs.com
Amber - ambersbeautytalk.com
Harriet - harrietmanson.com
Hope - whathopeshearting.com

Congrats on reading through this far, and I look forward to reading the responses to my questions!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment