Sunday 27 April 2014

Have You Discovered...? So Susan

Hey! It's time for another installment in the 'Have You Discovered...?' series, and this week's theme is blush. I've also included a few other products from the same brand, because it made sense to review them all at once. Way back in December, when I attended the Clothes Show Live, I picked up a goodie bag of So Susan products for £5 (one of which was a blush), today I'm going to tell you what I think of them!




1. Water Based Pure Luminizer
This creates a lovely glow to the complexion if used under foundation, or as a highlighter over the top, applied to cheekbones, browbones etc. I wouldn't recommend mixing this in with foundation to create glow, because I found that to be too much glow; bordering on shiny/glittery.

2. 8-Hour Cheek Stain
I wasn't really sure what to think of this at first, because I'm not a huge fan of cream blushers but this is a lovely colour and very pigmented. I've actually found you can apply this the same as a powder blush, just with a slightly lighter hand.

3. Lip & Cheek Sublime
The title suggests using this for cheeks, but to be honest I haven't. It is however, a very nice spring/summer colour for lips. Perfect for days where you want a pop of colour, but nothing too over-the-top (say, if you have heavier eye makeup).

4. Intense Eye Shadow Palette with Coated Pigments
These four colours work very nicely together to create a smoky purple eye, but the top two could also easily be worn on their own as a wash of colour.

I've included a picture of a makeup look I created with all of the products. I think it's a ideal for an everyday fresh-faced sort of look, just in time for Spring/Summer!

Overall, I do think the packaging is quite cheap looking/feeling, but the products themselves are actually quite good. Have you heard of the brand So Susan, or used their products?

xxx

4 comments:

  1. I got this set from the clothes show, I had never heard of So Susan but for £5 for the goodie bag I couldn't say no. Iv not yet used it but they do look nice so maybe I will make an effort to try them out for spring/summer
    Gemma

    Lookinglovelyyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found them to be really nice, wearable colours so definitely give them a go :) x

      Delete
  2. I actually quite like the packaging but the name of the brand puts me off - I wouldn't want to be anything like any of the Susans I know ;-)

    I love the colour of the eyeshadows!

    http://thirtysomethingoap.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Maybe this 'Susan' will give the name a better reputation? x

      Delete