Friday 9 May 2014

April Empties

Another month, another empties post, I really feel like I've been successful in using up a lot of products lately! 


I was tactical about packing for Hong Kong, and took travel sizes or products which I knew were close to running out. This included a few skincare items: Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water, Clarins Water Purify One Step Cleanser, and Elemis Skin Glow Exfoliating Face Wash. I've definitely caught on to the benefits of cleansing waters recently - great for lazy cleansing, or a pre-cleanse to remove makeup. 

Other 'Hong Kong Empties' were my holy grail base coat - Essie Help Me Grow, my fragrance favourite of 2013 - Nina by Nina Ricci, a clear mascara from Natural Collection I use for my brows, and Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I definitely need to repurchase the base coat, and I would repurchase Nina but I've got enough other perfumes for now. The mascara and concealer; not so much. The mascara takes a few minutes to dry (wet brows aren't ideal) and I feel like my brows just don't need it. The concealer is decent but I've got others that provide more coverage.


I also ran out of a few things before going to Hong Kong. The first being my Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Foundation. I liked this foundation, finish-wise and coverage, but I did start to find it a bit pink-toned for my liking. Another base product I finished was the So Susan Water-Based Pure Luminizer, talked about here. This seem to run out very fast to say I didn't get to use it that many times.

Another empty is the Lush Santa's Lip Scrub, which I would repurchase for the colder months, but I'm tempted to make my own. I also got to the end of NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, a product which has seen me through many a Halloween (or other) costume.

It's a bit cheeky to call the Marc Jacobs Dot Eau de Parfum an empty of mine, since my mum passed it on to me quarter-full. I can say though, that we're both huge fans of Marc Jacobs fragrances and both really liked it. Finally, I used up my TIGI Body Booster Plumping Spray, another 2013 favourite, and I've already got another bottle of this on standby from Christmas.

What have you used up recently?

xxx

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried the Fit Me concealer, but I love the foundation, so maybe I should!
    Kallie - But First, Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen anyone finish a bottle of nail polish! I tend to neglect them then they harden and I have to throw them away. Even base coats - I see another brand and snap it up and end up with far too many!
    Thirty Something OAP Giveaway Post
    Simone | Thirty Something OAP

    ReplyDelete